Thursday, August 27, 2009

a more appropriate venue

While home I took advantage of my brother's swag-filled career (vested movie ticket-taker) and saw District 9, the v. hyped film about aliens, etc. Much to the chagrin of my Twitter Followers I tweeted my (constant) thoughts due to the darkness and loneliness of my life... ah, I mean movie theatre. Enjoy!!!!!:

i'm going to watch district 9 by myself for free. this is a multi-faceted decision - i'll report back.

Ill just live twitter to feel not so alone. Sorry if youre subscribed on your phone.... Free popcorn and soda and movie. from txt

Ack! Ludajuice in a preview for a movie Ill never see. Then again.... I am here. By myself... from txt

Ah! A sociologist explains aliens. Maybe i do have a future. from txt

A German moustached official in S. Africa putting aliens in relocation camps. I think I get it. from txt

Apparently aliens know how to cook meth. from txt

By bringing attention to the apartheid the movie makes Africans look violent and unruly. Not new for Hollywood. from txt

And then theres sores. AIDS. from txt

I'm stressed out. I wouldn't feel bad for me either. from txt

Nigerians need witchdoctors and subtitles. Apparently. I'm ready to be a film vegetarian. No blood. from txt

Go go gadget alien robot. from txt

And cue nightmares. Am I going to turn around to aliens? from txt

Radio scared me on the way home... Even Britney! Anything w/ -izer sounds alien. So I took solace in country music. Explains a lot. from txt

lessons learned: loneliness=excessive tweeting, aliens increase my desire to be an anthropologist, hollywood still can't do social justice. from web

@partiegrl um, it sort of stated the facts abt humanity w/ lots of blood, guts, etc. and it did make me think abt the chaos of modernity... from web

@partiegrl so it had its merits. but all in all, it was a very hollywood way of saying things a pastor might discuss in a sunday sermon. from web

No comments:

Post a Comment